- Describe the capabilities of single system image (SSI) and single point of control and definition
- Describe the functions that CICSPlex SM provides, such as CPSM operations, workload manager (WLM), real-time analysis (RTA), monitoring (MON), business application services (BAS), and application programming interface (API)
- Describe the required CICSPlex System Manager infrastructure: CICS managing address space (CMAS), environment services system services (ESSS), managed application systems (MAS), and MAS agents
- Describe the security facilities that CICSPlex System Manager provides
- Describe the CICSPlex System Manager web user interface
- Describe the use of CICSPlex System Manager for cloud enablement
This intermediate-level course is designed for CICS system designers, system programmers, and operations staff members responsible for planning, installing, operating, or managing a CICSplex with CICSPlex SM.
You should be familiar with the control facilities and intersystem communication facilities that CICS TS provides.
- Course introduction
- CICSPlex SM functions
- CICSPlex SM components and interfaces
- CICSPlex System Manager infrastructure
- CICSPlex System Manager concepts
- Course summary