Upon completion of this course, participants are able to:
- Describe the process of moving FileNet P8 applications between environments.
- Plan and prepare for application migration.
- Export the application assets.
- Convert the assets for import.
- Â Analyze the impact of the import to the destination environment.
- Import the application assets into the destination environment.
- Automate FileNet P8 asset migration with the FileNet Deployment Manager command line interface.
Administrators who are responsible for
- Migrating and deploying IBM FileNet Content Manager Applications between environments.
Solution Builders who are responsible for
- Packaging IBM FileNet Content Manager Applications in preparation for migration and deployment to other environments.
- IBM Content Navigator 220.127.116.11: Introduction, or equivalent knowledge (F270G)
- IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Introduction, or equivalent knowledge (F280G)
- IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Work with object metadata, or equivalent knowledge (F282G)
- IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Security, or equivalent knowledge (F283G)
- FileNet P8 terminology, including: Content Platform Engine, IBM Content Navigator, object stores, objects.
- Configuring desktops in IBM Content Navigator.
Application migration overview
- Describe the process of moving IBM FileNet Content Manager Applications between environments.
- Identify the IBM FileNet Content Manager Application elements.
- Order and describe the migration and deployment phases.
- List the tools that are used for application migration and deployment.
Plan and prepare for application migration
- Explore the Sales Application package.
- Verify object store Add-ons.
- Create a deployment tree.
- Create a source environment.
- Create a destination environment.
- Extract the destination environment half maps.
Export the application assets
- Export the FileNet P8 application assets.
- Extract the service data half map.
- Create a deploy package.
- Export an IBM Content Navigator desktop.
Convert and analyze the FileNet P8 assets
- Prepare for asset conversion
- Convert the FileNet P8 assets
- Run a pre-import analysis
Import the application assets
- Run prerequisite tasks.
- Import the FileNet P8 assets.
- Import the Sales desktop.
Automate deployment operations with FileNet Deployment Manager command line
- FileNet Deployment Manager command line introduction.
- Deployment Operation command line syntax.
- Deployment operations.
- How to create a deployment operation file.
- Start and Stop System Components.