After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Create a workflow definition using Process Designer.
- Use workflow properties and step parameters in a workflow definition.
- Build simple and complex expressions to calculate property values and direct work.
- Use a variety of step types to build a workflow definition.
- Use subscriptions to launch workflows automatically from an initiating attachment.
- This course is for workflow authors who are responsible for planning, designing, creating, testing workflow solutions in a development environment.
- Familiarity with Windows 2008 operating systems.General knowledge of P8 Platform security concepts.
- General workflow terminology:
- Workflow definitions
- Â Start a P8 Platform system.
- Â Familiarity with P8 Platform administration interfaces, including:
- Administration Console for Content Platform Engine
- IBM Content Navigator
- Process Configuration Console
- Process Designer
Create a workflow definition
Configure workflow properties
- Add workflow properties to a workflow definition
- Add step properties to a step
- Validate and launch a workflow
- Identify system fields.
Explore workflow step types
- Select step types for a scenario
- Use system steps in a workflow
- Use Expression Builder
- Build expressions to calculate property values
- Assign property values
Launch workflows with subscriptions
- Create a workflow that launches from an initiating attachment
- Create a workflow subscription that automatically launches a workflow.
- Map properties from a document to workflow data fields.