Upon completion of this course, participants are able to:
- Understand the process of moving FileNet Workflow applications.
- Prepare for workflow application deployment.
- Export the application assets or extract the application assets from an application package.
- Analyze the impact of the deployment on the destination environment.
- Import the application assets and complete the application deployment.
- Use the FileNet Deployment Manager command line interface.
- Workflow System Administrator responsible for deploying the workflow application into other environments, for example Quality Assurance testing or Production.
- Workflow Author responsible for developing FileNet workflow applications who needs to package the application in preparation for deployment to other environments.
- Anyone who needs to deploy FileNet workflow applications from one environment to another.
Prior knowledge that is required:
- Basic knowledge of organizationâs business process applications.
- Basic knowledge of database technology.
- PCs, networks, and their organizationâs server operating systems at the expert level
- Prerequisite courses:
- F115G IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2: Implementation and Administration
- F230G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Introduction
- F231G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Configure the workflow system
- F232G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Workflow security
How to move FileNet workflow applications
- Elements of a FileNet workflow application
- Understand the migration and deployment process
- What are the deployment phases?
- What tools are used for application deployment?
Prepare for application deployment
- Assemble deployment instructions.
- Identify the FileNet application artifacts and assets.
- Verify source and destination environment compatibility.
Export the application assets
- Export FileNet P8 domain assets
- Create or update export manifest
- Export assets to a deployment dataset
- Extract the source environment half maps
- Create a deployment package
- Export other IBM and external assets
- Export user interface assets
Convert and analyze the FileNet P8 assets
- Prepare the destination environment
- Extract the destination environment half maps
- Create a source-destination pair definition
- Create the conversion data maps
- Converting assets for import
- Perform a change impact analysis
Import the application assets
- Import pre-requisite assets
- Import FileNet P8 assets
- Import non-FileNet P8 assets
Use the FDM command line interface
- Introduction to the command line interface
- Deployment operations
- Solutions to Exercises.
- Start and Stop System Components.