This workshop introduces the students to DB2 Web Query capabilities and the InfoAssist report authoring tool through lecture and hands-on labs.
- Create reports and graphs and deploy them in PDF, Excel, Active technologies or other output options
- Understand where to go for support
- Articulate when you need express or standard edition of DB2 Web Query
- Understand the options for importing Query/400 definitions
This is a basic course for end users (business analysts) and I/T personnel responsible for report writing are the intended audience for the class. Application developers, database administrators, and systems administrators who plan to implement, use, or support DB2 Web Query are also encouraged to attend.
A general knowledge of IBM i concepts and DB2 for i functionality, including SQL, is of value but not a requirement.
- Course overview
- Unit 1: DB2 Web Query overview Break
- Unit 2: Building reports with InfoAssist
- Exercise 1: InfoAssist Lab
- Unit 3: Active reports
- Exercise 2: Active reports Break
- Unit 4: Working with OLAP reports
- Exercise 3: OLAP reports
- Unit 5: Query/400 reports
- Exercise 4: Importing Query/400
- Review, Q&A