The course is designed to teach administrators how to create sweep jobs and sweep policies to run bulk jobs on large numbers
of documents. For example, move documents from high-cost storage to low-cost storage based on the document type and
specified filtering criteria, or delete documents based on their age or retention expiration.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Move documents from one storage area to another with a Bulk Move Content Job.
- Configure a disposal policy.
- Configure a content migration policy.
This course is intended for system administrators and solution builders who administer IBM FileNet Content Manager
- P8 terminology, including: Content Platform Engine, IBM Content Navigator, object stores, objects, Content Services,
- Process Services.
- Using IBM Content Navigator to work with content.
- Configuring desktops in IBM Content Navigator.
Recommended prerequisite courses:
- F270 â IBM Content Navigator 220.127.116.11: Introduction, or equivalent knowledge
- F280 - IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Introduction, or equivalent knowledge
- F282 - IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Work with object metadata, or equivalent knowledge
- F283 - IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Security, or equivalent knowledge
Configure a sweep job
- Sweep framework
- What is a 'Sweep'?
- Types of sweeps
- Background search sweeps
- Job sweeps
- Bulk move content jobs
- Filter expression property
- Storage policy property
- Define sweep target options
- Schedule sweep runs
- Sweep job monitoring tools
Work with sweep policies
- Sweep policy
- Policy-controlled sweeps
- Disposal policy
- Content migration policy
- Retention update policy
- Define time slots for sweep policies
- Manage sweep records
- Queue sweeps
- Custom sweeps
- Use content migration policies for HSM
Start and Stop System Components