This course provides you with an understanding of customizing IBM CÃºram out-of-the-box (OOTB) solutions using the IBM CÃºram Application Development Environment (ADE).
The first part of the course describes how to develop IBM CÃºram applications using the IBM CÃºram ADE and covers the following topics: architectural overview of the CÃºram application; ADE features and tools for modeling, server development, and client development; and testing and troubleshooting. The second part of the course describes the techniques used to customize IBM CÃºram OOTB applications and covers the following topics: the OOTB reference model, customizing client and server artifacts, customizing handcrafted services layer interfaces.
During the course, you will design and implement a simple end-to-end application using ADE features. You will also customize OOTB artifacts compliantly.
- Describe the high-level architecture of the IBM SPM Platform
- List the features and tools in the IBM CÃºram ADE for modeling, server development, and client development
- Implement simple end-to-end solutions using the IBM CÃºram model-driven development approach and tools
- Access and interpret developer guidelines contained in the IBM CÃºram product documentation
- Describe the approaches used to customize server and client artifacts compliantly
- Perform impact analysis within IBM CÃºram to determine the changes required for customizations
- Implement IBM CÃºram-compliant solutions by customizing the OOTB CÃºram application
This intermediate course is for developers and technical architects.
You must have:
- a working knowledge of object-oriented concepts, Java, XML, SQL, and n-tier enterprise applications