This course enables you to perform everyday tasks using the AIX operating system. Learn to perform everyday tasks using the AIX operating system.
This course provides lectures and hands on labs in an instructor lead course environment, either in a face-to-face classroom or in a live virtual classroom environment (ILO - Instructor Led Online).
- Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
- Use AIX online documentation
- Manage AIX files and directories
- Describe the purpose of the shell
- Use the vi editor
- Execute common AIX commands and manage AIX processes
- Customize the working environment
- Use common AIX utilities
- Write simple shell scripts
- Use the AIXWindows Environment
- Use the Common Desktop Environment
This basic course is intended for anyone who requires basic AIX/UNIX user skills to be able to work in an AIX environment.
This course is also a prerequisite for many courses in the AIX Systems Administration curriculum.
You should be familiar with:
- basic information technology (IT) concepts and the role of an operating system