This course covers the features and functions supported by Backup Recovery and Media Services (BRMS). BRMS is an integrated and comprehensive tool for managing backup, recovery, archive, and retrieval operations for a single Power system with IBM i or multiple systems with IBM i at a site or across a BRMS Network. The lectures describe how to perform the supported functions when using a 5250 emulation session, when using System i Navigator, and when using IBM Navigator for i. Students will then have the opportunity to practice in lab exercises what they have learned in lecture.
- Describe the major features and functions of BRMS
- List the steps to install BRMS on a single system or in a BRMS Network environment
- Implement a previously defined backup and recovery strategy using BRMS
- Implement a previously defined archival and retrieval plan, including dynamic retrieval, using BRMS
- Explain how to utilize a tape drive, tape library system, virtual tape, and optical drive with BRMS
- Implement and use BRMS using the green screen, System i Navigator, and IBM Navigator for i
This is an intermediate course for Power System with IBM i administrators, IBM Business Partners, and anyone else who would like practical knowledge of the features and functions supported by BRMS.
You should have a working understanding of the capabilities and operations in the area of save and restore for IBM i.
Before attending AS28G, you should first attend the WBT course Overview of BRMS on IBM i (AS28W1G). This SPVC course provides an overview of BRMS features and functions.