An updated version of this course is available. For more information, click Administering IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.7.1 (WB393G).
This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course, Administering IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.5 (ZB389G). This option does not require any travel.
This course introduces administrators to IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM) V8.5. You learn the concepts and skills that are necessary to install, configure, and manage Decision Server Rules, Decision Server Events, and Decision Center.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
- Describe the IBM Operational Decision Manager technical architecture
- Define installation tasks
- Explain topology options for clustered environments
- Complete basic configuration of Decision Server Rules, Decision Server Events, and Decision Center
- Manage user and group authentication and authorization
- Synchronize projects across business and development environments
- Manage project deployment from Rule Designer and Decision Center
- Audit decisions through Decision Warehouse
- Manage versions, baselines, and multiple releases in Decision Center
- Provide strategies for enhancing performance
- Troubleshoot server environments with administration consoles
- Monitor business event processing with Performance Monitoring Infrastructure (PMI) tools and event widgets
This intermediate course is designed for administrators who install, configure, and administer Operational Decision Manager.
You should have:
- Basic knowledge of database management
- Familiarity with source code control (SCC) mechanisms
- Basic knowledge of Ant and the Java programming language
- Knowledge of WebSphere Application Server
- Knowledge of Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE)
- Familiarity with the Representational State Transfer (REST) architectural style