This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course IBM Business Process Manager V8.5 Problem Determination (ZB869G). This option does not require any travel.
In this course, you learn how to troubleshoot problems that might appear in an IBM Business Process Manager V126.96.36.199 environment. It teaches you problem isolation techniques that enable you to be self-sufficient and effective in discovering and resolving runtime problems. IBM consultants and IBM support teams assist their customers by using many of the methodologies that are introduced in this course.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
- Describe key problem determination steps
- Describe error prevention strategies
- Identify and collect MustGather data for IBM Business Process Manager
- Use the server logs viewer tool to read logging and tracing files
- Query failed events through Failed Event Manager and resubmit the events after the problem is resolved
- Describe the exception types from the SCA programming model: service business exceptions and service runtime exceptions
- Examine the trace log to follow the navigation steps inside the business process engine
- Isolate and troubleshoot WebSphere Adapter-related runtime problems
- Explain how to troubleshoot Advanced Integration services (AIS)
- Use Business Process Choreographer Explorer to examine problems with running business process instances
This advanced course is designed for system administrators.
You should successfully complete course Administration of IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5 (WB867) (ZB867) or have equivalent experience.
Since WebSphere Application Server supports the core JEE services, WebSphere Process Server administrators must know some WebSphere Application Server problem determination techniques. Therefore, this course contains some topics that are also covered in WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5 Problem Determination (WA591G) and WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5 Problem Determination (ZA591G).