In this course, you learn how to perform system administration tasks for the IBM WebSphere DataPower Gateway Appliances.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
- Configure an appliance for its initial deployment
- Download and upgrade the firmware on the DataPower appliances
- Create and manage user accounts, groups, and domains
- Configure Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to and from DataPower Appliances
- Manage the migration of service configurations
- Ensure high availability of DataPower appliances by using load balancer groups, clustering, Intelligent Load Distribution, self-balancing, the On Demand Router, VLANs, and link aggregation
- Manage appliances, domains, and services by using the WebSphere Appliance Management Center
- Troubleshoot and debug services by using the problem determination tools, logs, and probes that are provided with the DataPower appliance
- Configure logging of messages to external locations
This intermediate course is designed for administrators who install, manage, and monitor IBM WebSphere DataPower Gateway Appliances. The course is also relevant for developers who administer appliances.
You should successfully complete Technical Introduction to IBM WebSphere DataPower Gateway Appliances V7 (VW700G, no longer available).
You should also be familiar with:
- Security-based concepts and protocols
- XML-related technologies such as XML schema, XPath, and XSLT
- Networking protocols