This classroom course of 3.0 days teaches how to use CP and CMS commands in a VM/CMS environment. You should learn how to create and modify files with XEDIT, transmit files, messages to other users via the CP spool environment, manage files on both minidisks and the Shared File System (SFS), and write simple command procedures in REXX EXECs.
You can practice these commands in hands-on lab exercises.
- Explain the purpose of the entries in the CP directory for a typical CMS virtual machine
- Identify and execute z/VM CP and CMS commands for general users
- Use the XEDIT editor for creating and modifying CMS files
- Create your own XEDIT profile to customize your XEDIT session
- Tailor your CMS session with personalized PROFILE EXEC, synonyms, and command defaults
- Write, test, and use simple CMS EXECs for the execution of programs and jobs
- Invoke full-screen CMS and use the CMS windowing facility for logging command responses
- Send and receive files and messages
- Link and access minidisks
- Define SFS sub directories and create, access and share SFS files
This is a basic course is for IT personal new to z/VM.
There is no prerequisite for this course.