In this course, you learn some of the basic concepts of managing releases with IBM UrbanCode Release.
IBM UrbanCode Release is a collaborative release management tool that helps you plan, execute, and track a release through every stage of the delivery life cycle, from pre-production to production.
This is a basic course for new users of IBM UrbanCode Release, such as administrators, release managers, performance testers, development teams, and operations leads. You work through a set of hands-on labs with exercises focused on building and scheduling a release with applications, running a deployment, customizing a deployment with specific applications, using advanced planning features, assessing the impact of changes and identifying areas of risk, and implementing quality controls.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
- Describe release management challenges and solutions
- Compare the activities in release and deployment
- Explore the Pipeline view and release management concepts
- Review the contents of a deployment plan and schedule a deployment
- Create task flow and segment dependencies
- Develop strategies to customize a deployment plan
- Create changes and organize them into initiatives
- Track application dependencies with the Impact Analysis view
- Create and assign quality statuses
This course is designed for new users of IBM UrbanCode Release, including administrators, release managers, performance testers, development teams, and operations leads.
- Basic knowledge of application deployment
- Basic knowledge of multitier application models