If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
Students in this course will learn how to configure and manage workload partitions (WPARs) in the AIX environment. Hands-on exercises will reinforce the lecture and give students practice creating and managing both application and system WPARs using the command-line interface. Students will explore various configuration options such as implementing private and shared file systems, exporting devices, setting resource controls, and configuring network options. Students will practice operations such as starting and stopping WPARs, performing dynamic configuration changes, and tracking data in log files. The course also covers the installation, configuration and management of versioned WPARs using the AIX 5.2 Workload Partitions for AIX 7 licensed program product.
- Describe the reasons for using workload partitions (WPARs)
- Create application WPARs
- Create system WPARs, including detached and rootvg WPARs
- Configure WPAR network options
- Configure WPAR file system options
- Configure WPAR resource controls
- Manage WPAR storage device access
- Install, configure and manage an AIX5.2 versioned WPAR
The audiences for this training include System p and AIX technical support individuals, AIX system administrators, system architects and engineers.
You must already be familiar with AIX system administration. This prerequisite can be met by attending the following course:
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN12G)