AIX SAN Management I: Administration (AN490) is designed to bridge the knowledge gap between AIX/PowerVM education and Storage Management courses. The overall objective is to provide you a description of how AIX interacts with Fibre Channel storage devices. Along with this general view, we will look at common operational issues such as performance and problem solving from the perspective of an AIX administrator.
This course provides lectures and hands on labs in an instructor lead course environment, either in a face-to-face classroom or in a live virtual classroom environment (ILO - Instructor Led Online).
- Describe common interaction of AIX within a Fibre Channel (FC) environment
- Interpret AIX boot strategies using SAN
- Select key FC related performance characteristics to monitor
- Use AIX commands for performance monitoring
- Navigate Virtual IO server FC devices
- Initialize virtual FC resources
- Define basic strategy for FC Problem determination under AIX
- Provide suggested solutions to common FC SAN problems under AIX
This intermediate course is intended for persons who:
- Manage AIX servers that utilize SAN backed storage
The audience for this training includes:
- AIX technical support individuals
- System administrators
- System architects
You should have:
- basic AIX administration experience.
The AIX prerequisite may be met by attending one or both of the two following classes or having equivalent AIX skills:
- UNIX / AIX Basics (AN10G)
- Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN11G)